Small Accessible Repairs for Seniors Program 2014
North Branch Works, a Delegate Agency for the City of Chicago, has been awarded our 4th Small Accessible Repairs for Seniors (SARFS) Grant for 2014. The SARFS Program is a free program for income eligible seniors funded by the City of Chicago- Department of Planning and Development. The purpose of this program is to help low–income seniors remain in their homes and improve the quality of their lives, with appropriate repairs and installations of safety equipment, security improvements, and other items, which make homes easier to use. Under the SARFS Program, North Branch Works will also be installing ramps for disabled seniors, as assigned by the City.
Eligible improvements would include, but are not limited to:
- SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS
- Safety Devices: fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors
- Minor Floor and step repairs
- SECURITY IMPROVEMENTS
- Repair & replacement of locking hardware, doors & windows if not secure
- ACCESSIBILITY INSTALLATIONS and IMPROVEMENTS
- Grab bars, transfer benches & tub assist bars in bathrooms
- Chair-height toilets
- Accessible faucets
Interested senior citizens should contact our SARFS Program Assistant, Misty LeBlanc (773) 929-5552 ext.235 for more information on our program and eligibility requirements. Any inquires for the SARFS Ramp Program should contact the City of Chicago’s 311 hotline.