Local Industrial Retention Initiative (LIRI)
Chicago’s LIRI program offers funding to not-for-profit organizations that provide economic development services to companies located in and around designated industrial corridors. LIRIs work toward job retention and creation, they find solutions for individual business needs, and they make linkages between businesses, their communities and City services. LIRIs also offer assistance with City incentive programs such as the Small Business Improvement Fund
, Enterprise Zone Program
, and TIFWorks
Our LIRI program delivers industrial retention/development services to businesses in the North Branch, Addison, and Kennedy Industrial Corridors, which includes 5 of the City’s 15 Planned Manufacturing Districts: Clybourn, Elston, Goose Island, Kennedy, and Chicago-Halsted PMDs. Our program also encompasses the Halsted-River Triangle and Elston/Webster C-5 districts and the Rockwell sub-district.
NBW addresses the problems associated with industrial displacement and loss of high-paying jobs by creating viable industrial corridors, implementing and managing four Planned Manufacturing Districts and industrial parks resulting in land-use stability, increased public and private investment, job retention/growth and improved industry-neighborhood relations.
We help with:
- Information about a particular industrial corridor, neighborhood or business industry
- Getting a new small business started
- City-related issues for small businesses
- Connecting you to financial resources
- Business-to-business networking
- Employment and workforce development assistance
- Economic Development Incentives
- Land-use planning, infrastructure, and zoning
- Finding expansion or relocation space
- & Much more!